Planning & Zoning

Office Hours

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday



Mailing Address

PO Box 52
Elwood, NE 68937


507 Smith Ave
Elwood, NE 68937


Pam Bogle

Zoning Administrator

In 1989 a Gosper County joint planning commission was formed. The results of their effort went into effect on July 1st, 1991, with comprehensive zoning for the county.

We have joint zoning at Johnson Lake with Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District, with a permit required for both entities. We also have joint zoning in Elwood Village with the Elwood Village deputy zoning Administrator handling permits for the village. A Village of Elwood building permit may be found on the Elwood Chamber web page or in the village office.

A building permit is required for all new building, additions, and use changes in Gosper County. Please find the Gosper County building permit link below.

Building Permit Application

The fee for a Gosper County building permit is $25.00.