Marriage License Info

Office Hours

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday





Mailing Address

PO Box 136
Elwood, NE 68937


507 Smith Ave
Elwood, NE 68937

Important Documents

Request for Certified Marriage License Form

Minor Marriage Consent Form

Requirements for a marriage license issued by Gosper County

  1. Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the State of Nebraska you can not marry if you are under 17.
  2. Parental consent is required for applicants who are under age 19. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk’s office.
  3. Both applicants must supply a form of photo identification (Example: Drivers
    license or passport).
  4. Will need to know the birthplace of both the bride and groom.
  5. Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s maiden name, and birthplaces.
  6. The bride or groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
  7. If either applicant has a previous marriage, you will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death.)
  8. There are no blood tests required in the State of Nebraska.
  9. Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from the date of issuance.
  10. The applicants may apply for their marriage license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any County in Nebraska.
  11. The fee to receive a marriage license is $25.00.

To receive a Gosper County certified marriage license you will need to send the following information and a $9.00 check or money order:

  • Name of Groom
  • Name of Bride (please include maiden name)
  • Month/Year of marriage

(You must have received your marriage license in Gosper County for us to send you a certified copy.)

Please mail to:

Gosper County Clerk
P.O. Box 136
Elwood, NE 68937